FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ali vs. Tyson
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Ceresco
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Ali vs. Tyson Reply with quote

Everyone has there opinions on this match-up, so heres mine. I think Iron Mike would come out swinging and winning the first 4 or 5 rounds but then I see Ali eventually discouraging Tyson and winning every round after that.

Ali by Knockout, Round 11.

TysonRules
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muhammed Ali is the most overrated boxer, and possibly athelete of all time just because he was a good talker. Ali would get his ass handed to him against Tyson and he would find himself tasting in the canvas by round 6.

littlebigman
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Tysonrules have you ever seen Ali fight??? Beter yet have you ever seen a round of boxing in your life that hasn't involved Tyson?

Ali would make Tyson cry like a little baby.

PS: Tyson Nuthuggers are some of the funniest people ever.

Knockout
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyson would have a punchers chance, meaning...he'd have to get very lucky

TripleA
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ali vs Tyson would be the same as Ali vs Foreman. The Rumble in the Jungle II would be what they would call it. Tyson punching himself out and ALi taking hard shots at Tyson every chance he got until Tyson couldn't hold up his arms.

TysonRules
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incase you dont know, Tyson hits WAY HARDER than Foreman and Frazier. ALI would get killed

TripleA
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incase YOU don't know, any REAL boxing experts will tell you that Foreman and Frazier are the two hardest punching fighters in the modern era of boxing. Even Holyfield who fought both Tyson and Foreman says that hands down, Foreman (the older version not in his prime) hits harder than Tyson. I don't say Tyson can't hit hard, so could Ray Mercer but it doesn't make him or Tyson the hardest hitting. You can not say that becasue Tyson KO'd(and that is a lose term) a lot of fighters that he hits hard. I am not knocking Tysons punching ability but the itimidation did far more damage than the punch did in most of his KO's.

lyricb
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the real question is this: would Ali come out of it with his ear still attached?

Word2Action
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think first and foremost Ali would get in Tyson's head telling him that he's prettier than Tyson. After that he would use his superior speed, agility and stamina to make this fight the joke that it really is.

TripleA
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ali was an amazingly gifted boxer but he was also one of the best at getting into the heads of his opponents. Just look at how he got his first world tittle shot. He harrassed and harrassed until he got his shot. Driving up and down the street with a bull horn in the middle of the night. Genius, pure genius; and that is just one small example. In the Rumble in the Jungle he kept whispering in Foreman's ear that he was God. Foreman said that by the time they made it to the 7 round, he was starting to believe him.

Gotham Dark Knight
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TysonRules wrote:
Muhammed Ali is the most overrated boxer, and possibly athelete of all time just because he was a good talker. Ali would get his ass handed to him against Tyson and he would find himself tasting in the canvas by round 6.

That's a laugh...Ali took on the likes of Forman, Frazier, Liston, Patterson and Norton all in their prime...who did Iron Mike fight?...an aging Holmes?...Marvin Frazier?...and underweight Spinks...

The shorter Tyson would have fought similar to Frazier...only problem is Tyson doesn't have Frazier's heart...he would have lost...and lost big...

lyricb
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know Ali put so much into psychological warfare. That cracks me up that he's use a bullhorn in the middle of the night....

goldenboy
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ali would Knock Out Tyson in the sixth and Ali would look like he did befor the fight. Untouched. Tyson's strong but Ali's quick whith hands, feet and mouth, and you can't hit what you can't see thats why I'd go for Muhammad Ali
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

BoxingGuru
Senior Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TysonRules wrote:

I agree completely, and will explain why in a later post. Sorry Ali fans, I could run around saying I make the best macaroni & cheese on the planet, but that wouldn't make it so.......

There are more than a handful of fighters in the last 15 years alone that would have walked through Ali (or Clay).

Tha Iceman
Sparring Partner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you serious that you think tyson would beat ali? tyson couldnt handle it when someone stood up and fought him, douglas, lewis, holyfield, mcbride.... and also everyone with any common sense knows foreman hits harder than tyson, and ali let foreman bang away at his body so if you think tyson would knock ali out you got another thing coming. buster douglas was fighting like a washed up ali and knocked out tyson, so what do you think ali would do to him, he would humiliate him and knock him the fuck out.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BoxingGurus.com Forum Index -> Dream Matches All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2
Jump to: